£Circa £70,000 per annum (or pro rata).
Russam are delighted to be supporting the Organic Research Centre with their search for a Chief Executive.
The Organic Research Centre (ORC) is the UK’s leading independent organic research organisation. Established in 1980, the charity has played a central role in the development of organic food and farming research, knowledge exchange, policy and standard setting.
This is an exciting opportunity to help ORC continue to be a driving force in the British organic movement at a crucial moment, when bio-diversity is under unprecedented threat and UK agricultural policy is at a crossroads.
Working closely with the Council of Management (CoM) and Senior Management Team, the Chief Executive will play a key role in shaping how the emerging Strategy and Business Plan develops and be responsible for its efficient and effective delivery. You will also be prominent in representing and promoting ORC, enhancing the charity’s impact and profile as well as personally leading ORC’s revitalised fundraising function.
ORC is looking for an inspirational and charismatic leader with excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills that enables them to build successful relationships and work effectively and collaboratively with colleagues, partners, funders and donors.
Individuals should be educated to degree-level (or equivalent) with a track record of senior leadership and management experience within a comparable organisation. They will have a record of achievement in the organic, environment or sustainability fields, including experience in the farming or food industry, and an up-to-date knowledge of the developments relating to ORC’s work. They should demonstrate a strong personal commitment to organic principles and practice and have credibility to engage effectively with senior figures in the organic sector as well as with researchers and other academics. Further experience to include;
- Strong track record of achievements in fundraising and income generation in a charity or other non-commercial setting
- Successful track record of leadership and management of multi-disciplinary teams
- Strong business management and financial acumen with track record of producing annual and multi-year business plans, strategies and budgets
- Excellent organisational and people management skills
- Willingness and ability to travel where and when needed in the UK and beyond
For further comprehensive information about the role and the person that ORC are looking for, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
- Closing date: Monday 4th November 2019
- Preliminary interviews with Russam: Week commencing 18th November 2019
- Final interviews with ORC: Monday 2nd December 2019 (10.30 – 16.30)
How to Apply
To apply for this position please provide the following two pieces of information:
- A comprehensive CV, including details of your achievements in each role and details of two referees.
- A supporting statement, explaining how you believe your skills and experience match the requirements of the role, directly addressing the criteria as outlined in the person specification. Please also outline your motivation for applying for this role.
For an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact: