Russam works to help all people THRIVE, recognising that talent is diverse, we are passionate about working with organisations to cultivate diversity and enjoy the innovation, creativity and success it can bring.
Initiatives, action, investment, and progress:
- Funding and helping to commission a collection of thought leadership contributions on diversity, equality, and inclusion: ‘Walking the Talk’ being led by New Philanthropy Capital https://www.thinknpc.org/resource-hub/walking-the-talk-on-diversity
- Girl Dreamer is an empowerment platform for millennial and gen z women of colour. Their aim is to see a more representative world through tackling both social change and systems change by working with communities and companies to bridge the gaps that are causing a lack of representation and access to opportunity for women of colour. Together, we’ll be promoting trustee vacancies to Girl Dreamer’s networks and supporting them to consider becoming a trustee through sessions reviewing their CVs and discussing their experience.
- Becoming the official recruitment partner for a new initiative, the Beyond Suffrage trustee development programme, launched by Social Practice ENT as a practical solution to improve racial diversity in the charity sector. The programme will specifically aim to improve the number of young women from ethnic minority backgrounds serving on charity boards by adopting a measurable long-term strategy that focuses on breaking down barriers and creating an organic pipeline of talented future leaders.
- Sponsorship Cephas Williams https://www.56blackmen.com address to members of Winmark Non-Executive Director event.
- Sponsorship Deborah Williams: https://www.thewomensassociation.com
Russam ethical guidelines:
- Educate and Encourage: Demonstrate the benefits of diversity in all campaigns and begin with an honest conversation.
- Language: Ensure that language is inclusive, compassionate, and appropriate.
- Inclusive: Respect all people equally.
- Support and Mentoring: Offer guidance and coaching to help everyone meet their full potential
- We have all had unconscious bias training and mental health first aid training and are fully committed, morally and professionally, to treating all people equally and moreover, proactively encouraging all people to apply for roles
- We are a diverse team with a balanced mix of gender, race, and sexual orientation.