Project Delivery – Supply Chain improvements at Clarks
- In 2016 C&J Clarks needed to recover and stabilise the business and embed a new strategy for growth.
- David Ballantine was appointed Interim Strategic Project Manager / Sourcing Programme Manager at C&J Clark
- 16 interims in total placed in the supply chain development area
- Working within the Group Supply Chain and Sourcing functions at Global HQ in Somerset, David was responsible for the delivery of a number of high-profile projects with benefit cases of tens of millions of pounds. He also led a cross-functional team focused on quality improvement in children’s shoes, resulting in a 50% reduction of faulty returns year on year.
- Most recently David managed a project to establish a lean manufacturing unit in Somerset – Clarks’ first investment in owned manufacturing in over 10 years.