Equality & Diversity Policy
Statement of Commitment
Russam believes that following a policy of equality and diversity will benefit not only the individual but also enrich the whole organisation and thereby its work, conferring benefit on Clients, Interim Executives and all employees of the company.
Equality is one of Russam’s core values and the whole company is committed to ensuring that equality is integral to all its policies and practices. Equality is essential to ensuring that services are accessible to all those people who need the help of the company and that all who have skills to offer as Interim Executives are able to do so on a level playing field.
Russam recognises that diversity brings positive benefits to the organisation’s work and is committed to challenging all forms of discrimination and unfair disadvantage in every aspect of its work and working practices.
Russam aims to provide equality of opportunity for anyone who comes into contact with the organisation and to ensure that no-one is treated less favourably because of their gender, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic origins, age, disability, sexual orientation, HIV or any other medical status, employment status, religious or political beliefs, parental or carer status or any unrelated criminal offence. Harassment or bullying will be challenged and not tolerated.
We are committed to:
- Opposing all forms of discrimination – individual and institutional, direct or indirect.
- Challenging the false beliefs about different groups in society inherent in racism, sexism, heterosexism, homophobia, ageism and assumptions regarding disability.
- Promoting and celebrating the diversity of all the people with whom we work, valuing their contributions and ensuring they are given the opportunity to realise their full potential within Russam.
Russam will work hard to ensure that:
- The different needs and expectations of employees, clients and Interim Executives are met.
- Our services are accessible, high quality and offered on a fair and equitable basis.
- We recruit and retain the best staff and Interims possible, by eliminating all forms of discrimination in recruitment and employment.
- We promote and value diversity in all that we do.
Russam will assess the current composition of its workforce and establish targets to take positive steps to achieve a workforce and a group of Interims that reflect the communities from which they come. As a result of this, we will:
- Increase the number of employees and Interim managers from black and minority groups.
- Make posts more accessible to, and increase the number of, people with disabilities.
- Encourage age diversity in the workforce.