An Expert in Transforming At-Risk Businesses Revitalises Cinema chain.
The largest cinema chain in the UK, boasting over 850 screens and annually dispensing enough popcorn to fill Wembley Stadium five times over, was facing catastrophe. With approximately 45 enterprise issues to be addressed from the outset, Richard Smith faced a huge challenge to prepare Odeon Cinema Group for sale to AMC.
- Company had been stagnant in a number of different areas
- Safety and security was being handled in a piecemeal manner
- Audit insurance was not being addressed correctly
- Fear and uncertainty among staff had led to low engagement levels
- Evaluated resources and started forming best practices
- Conducted brainstorming session with senior team to address key threats
- Worked closely with insurance and external cybersecurity to preform assessments
- Introduced based on a thorough understanding of the threat to IT systems
- Electronic policy database launched, incorporating risk appetite and KRIs which gives full understanding of policy and how to bring those to life within the organisation
- Unified approach across the group which grew from 4 territories to 7 over the course of the project
- Team of auditors now fully engaged with staff
- Named a Times Top 30 Companies to Work For in 2017