A division specialising in plastic injection within a big industrial Tier 1 supplier (€17bn turnover) had recently acquired a smaller company bringing new technology into the group. However, the plant specialising in this technology was not competitive, largely because of poor management. The plant needed a new management and structure in place in order to take back control and start improvements.
The client asked WIL Group to put in place a new Plant Manager.
Within 7 months the WIL Group Plant Manager had:
- Rebuilt management authority
- Given middle management confidence
- Ensured that working rules were applied (shift, time, presence etc)
- Launched a Lean Manufacturing Improvement program
- Drastically reduced the plant’s financial losses