Restructuring Programme – Retail Operations.
Rank's aim is to be the UK's leading multi-channel gaming operator. It operates Grosvenor Casinos (56 casinos), Mecca Bingo (96 bingo clubs) and Rank Interactive (online gaming and betting). It also operates additional Grosvenor Casinos clubs in Belgium (two casinos), and Top Rank España in Spain.
- Revenues from Rank’s casinos open for more than a year had dropped by nearly 10% compared with the same period the previous year.
- Partly down to a “a negative contribution from...VIP players”, while revenue at its bingo halls slumped in the same period compared with the previous year.
- Decision taken at board level to look for operational efficiencies across the key retail areas.
- Russam GMS approached (long standing preferred supplier relationship with Rank Group) to build a small HR change team to drive through a retail restructuring programme to combine the two retail structures of Mecca Bingo and Grosvenor Casinos under a single central retail team.
- Russam placed lead interim Judith Turner who had recently completed similar assignment as Head HR Ops and Org Change for bwin.party digital entertainment.
- Successful restructuring of c350 staff completed earlier than planned.
- Appropriate expertise in key retail positions secured.
- Optimised the existing talent and expertise, achieve greater operational synergies and delivered the right structure to tackle the existing and future challenges and opportunities of the business.