For the purposes of this document, the following terms apply:
- Senior management is defined as the directors, officers and senior managers of the organisation.
- Environmental aspects are the elements of Russam Limited’s activities, products and services that can interact with the environment.
- Environmental impacts are the changes to the environment that result from Russam Limited’s environmental aspects.
Russam Limited acknowledges that the environment can potentially be impacted by any of its activities, products and services. This policy sets out how the organization will manage, monitor, measure and otherwise be accountable for its ongoing environmental performance.
In the implementation of this policy, Russam Limited will adhere to the requirements of relevant local, national and international law pertaining to the environmental aspects and impacts of the organization and ensure that this policy kept up to date in line with those requirements.
Russam Limited is committed to prevent pollution wherever possible and will ensure that as well as optimising new products, services and processes to facilitate this prevention, existing systems and processes are reviewed in order to identify areas for pollution prevention. For each product, service, system or process, this will be achieved by:
- eliminating the use of polluting materials or technologies;
- reducing the use of polluting materials or technologies;
- recycling or reusing materials within Russam Limited;
- recovering useful materials from waste streams;
- treatment of waste streams and emissions to reduce their environmental impacts;
- transferring materials or waste outside of Russam Limited for recycling or reuse; and,
- where no other option is available, controlled disposal or incineration.
Through the use of environmental performance evaluation procedures and key performance indicators, Russam Limited will seek continual improvement in its environmental performance. This will be achieved through the proper implementation of its environmental management system. The design, development and management of the environmental management system, related procedures and indicators is the responsibility of senior management.
Through the implementation of this policy, Russam Limited will set a leading example of good environmental management for its industry.
It is the responsibility of Senior Management to ensure that this policy is implemented throughout the organization.
It is the responsibility of Senior Management to ensure that this policy is properly maintained and up to date.