Chair of Trustees - Global's Make Some Noise
Your Russam contact
Managing Partner – Charities
Global's Make Some Noise is the in-house grant making charity of Global, one of the UK’s biggest media and entertainment groups with leading positions in broadcasting, digital audio and outdoor advertising. The company is the UK’s largest commercial radio operator and home to its most popular radio brands with Heart (the UK’s biggest commercial radio brand), Capital, LBC, Classic FM, Capital XTRA, Smooth, Radio X and Gold.
We harness the assets of Global to raise funds, awareness and skills for small charities supporting the people who need it most in their communities.
We have proudly raised over £34 million for more than 400 UK charities since our launch in 2014.
Global’s Make Some Noise is at an exciting moment, as we enter our 10th year and look forward to a new strategy and the ambition to raise more income, drive more awareness and ultimately achieve more impact for UK communities. We’re looking for a Chair who can help us drive forward this new strategy with passion and creativity.
The Chair will hold the Trustee Board and Charity Director to account for delivering the charity objectives, providing inclusive leadership to the Board of Trustees, ensuring that each Trustee fulfils their duties and responsibilities for the effective governance of the charity.
We welcome applications from people with a range of different backgrounds.
We are particularly looking for applications from individuals who are passionate about our ambitions and objectives and have the willingness and ability to invite professional and personal networks to support the charity.
Our new Chair will be a strong and credible leader with:
- A passion for the aims of Global's Make Some Noise and the ability to help us drive forward our new strategy.
- A proven track record of leadership in either the voluntary, public or commercial sectors.
- Experience on committees, panels or boards.
- A commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Understanding of the voluntary sector and a commitment to developing this knowledge in support of the charity and its plans.
- Enthusiasm for commercial radio and an interest in the media industry.
For comprehensive information about Global's Make Some Noise and the role responsibilities, please download the Candidate Information Pack.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please provide:
- An up-to-date CV
- A supporting statement of no more than 1 side of A4, outlining your experience, motivations and suitability for the role.
All applications are being handled by our recruitment partner, Trustees Unlimited (part of the Russam group).
Please email your application to [email protected] with your full name and 'Global's Make Some Noise' in the subject line.
If you have any difficulty uploading your application or if you would like to have an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Melissa Baxter on: [email protected] | 07789 985 229.