Head of CEO’s office and Strategic Projects
Your Russam contact
Managing Partner – Commercial
Our client is one of the UK's largest providers of workplace pensions.
Areas of responsibility
Working closely with the CEO, you will identify, research and understand vital information and business intelligence required by the CEO. You will also be responsible and bring outstanding written, verbal, and visual communication tools to ensure that you engage with the leadership team, supporting and adding value to every activity required from the CEO's office and their wide-ranging responsibilities.
Actives will include:
- To support the CEO, and other major stakeholders, by the origination of change ideas, with clear financial targets and benefits to accelerate business development and growth in line with the business strategy.
- To support the CEO in the preparation of Board and Committee papers, facilitation of high-level meetings and ensuring all change agenda actions are monitored, validated, and delivered as agreed.
- Partner and support senior business stakeholders to deliver an appropriate and effective level of project/change governance to support the delivery of Operational plans with regular visibility and metrics to the CEO and Board members.
- To design, develop and implement strategic CEO sponsored projects, including management of resources, budgets, and third-party suppliers; acting as a sounding board for the business, ensuring that growth and change aspirations are delivered to plan and defined deliverables.
- Support the CEO in setting and monitoring business and Senior Management team members' objectives against strategic goals and growth metrics to prepare for the Board updates and Performance Appraisal reports for the Remuneration and Appointments Committee.
- Assess change impacts and develop change management strategies, communications plans, sponsor roadmaps, coaching plans, and, where required, resistance management plans in conjunction with the Senior Management team.
- Analysis of business functions and/or problems to implement solutions and add creativity throughout the organisational transformation.
- Ensure observance of the rules and that organisation policy, integrity and statutory/regulatory requirements are complied with at the highest level of quality.
- Highly ambitious and hungry to learn and prove your ability
- Confident to bring your whole self into the room even when working at the most senior levels
- Self-aware – understanding when you need to learn and focus on areas that don't come so naturally
- Able to use technology for its benefits for business intelligence, data gathering and insights and highly competent excel, ppt and other valuable tools.
- Attention to detail – you can spot problems and deal with them early.
- Commercial acumen – able to relate to the growth and expansion plans of our client and get involved whatever it takes
- Team player and committed to understanding the broader needs of the company and its leaders
- Pensions as an industry and the value it has in the lives of everyone is essential to you.
Skill and Knowledge
- Evidence of exposure to leading a diverse range of projects and workstreams with the credibility to manage relationships with senior and diverse stakeholders.
- Experience in working within a dynamic environment with a strong knowledge of how to ensure value creation, cost optimisation and improvements in operational effectiveness.
- Expert planning, judgment and analytical skills, including financial cost-benefit analysis.
- Highly numerate and data literate with the ability to write clear, concise, financial-based reports.
- Expert report and presentation writing skills, clearly identifying specific audience requirements providing data required to secure required outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal and situational leadership skills with a customer-centric approach.
- Resilient, robust, challenging with the ability to influence.
- MBA qualified with a financial services career-based background (Insurance or Pensions).