Senior Accounts Assistant
Your Russam contact
£ £25k to £30k
Russam is working with an automotive sector business with significant growth plans, based in the East of England. Our client is laying the plans for further significant growth and expansion, and as such they require an Accounts Assistant to join an established finance function.
This is a genuinely excellent opportunity for a recent Graduate to be part of a business that nurtures, develops and rewards its talent. They seek a dynamic individual with a desire to progress and learn within the accounts function, ultimately becoming an integral part of the overall business and one of its future leaders. A support network of experienced individuals exist who are under pressure from high workloads as the business expands; they would welcome the opportunity to integrate a new member to the team.
Our client also offers the opportunity to support a recent graduate in gaining their accounting qualifications.
Role and Responsibilities
The Graduate Accounts Assistant will:
- Manage incoming invoices (recording, validating and payment) working in conjunction with the dedicated accounts payable person.
- Assist with the reconciliation processes.
- Develop a formal credit control process.
- Handle the billing of key customer accounts.
- Assist with cash flow forecasting.
- Deputise for senior finance team members to cover periods of absence.
The Desired Candidate
- Will ideally have experience in a variety of accounts functions.
- An organised individual with the awareness to self-check work.
- Strong educational background and evidence of self-improvement through studying/attainment of accounting qualifications. Ideally CIMA/AAT part qualified or fully qualified.
- Key skills: Strong in Excel / general Microsoft products. Operational systems experience. Sage 200 or similar accounting package.
aHow to Apply
All interested applicants should log in / register and upload a current CV in Word format. No other documents are required at this stage.
Thank you for your interest in this position. You are very important to us. We endeavour to respond to everyone but if you do not hear from us then it is due to the high levels of interest we are handling for each role during this challenging period. It is our intention to contact every applicant for every role but we may only respond to you if you are shortlisted for the position. Thank you for your understanding.