£c£500 per diem
Our client is an engineering firm focussed on all things related to boreholes. This includes drilling, repair, maintenance and pump management. They are a medium sized company but part of a larger group of businesses in the waste and water solutions sector.
Roles and Responsibilities
- To work with all the project managers as part of a team but also to deliver a service to them to enable jobs to be delivered successfully
- To price pump jobs when using pumps in a borehole – knowledge of pumps/boreholes would be desirable
- To do some design work
- To make sure that all work is mobilised effectively on site (equipment, QUENSH documentation, welfare) – on time, within budget, safely and with the customer’s needs firmly in mind
- Working with the Finance Manager – make sure all the relevant insurances are in place and are costed to the job appropriately
- To go the extra mile to ensure that jobs are completed to the excellent standard required and to get repeat business from customers
- To take full responsibility for all the mobilisation costs and ongoing costs associated with “getting the job done” (such as off hiring equipment) – working hand in hand with the appropriate project manager – really owning site efficiency
- To ensure the highest standards of health and safety on all jobs and develop the team to produce great results in a timely, efficient, and safe manner.
The Desired Candidate
We envisage that the successful candidate is currently working as an Project Manager in a medium sized civils engineering business or retired from a water utility and is looking for interim role (or has served in the Forces in a similar role).
- Proven project management capability and able to manage a number of complex projects in a multidisciplinary environment
- Have an engineering qualification / chartered civil engineer
- Have experience of working in an environment with large plant and equipment
- Be organised and a completer finisher – and never leave anything to chance; track record in delivery great operational solutions
- Be able to work with and manage people effectively – this job is all about getting the best out of people and working as a team
- Be extremely commercial – understand profitability.
How to Apply
If this fits you and you are available from Mid/late October 2021 then please apply below or send through your latest CV through to Jason Atkinson – [email protected]