Client: Evac Group, acquired by Bridgepoint Capital in 2017
Mission: Interim Chief Transformation Officer & Deputy CEO
Evac is a global market leader in the provision of environmentally friendly waste, wastewater, and water management systems for the marine, offshore, and building industries.
Established in 1979, Evac is headquartered in Espoo, Finland. It provides a fully integrated offering of sanitation systems, from producing fresh water to processing polluted water and dry waste on board virtually every type of vessel. The cruise sector is Evac’s principal market.
- Evac is the global leader (55% market share) in water and waste management systems for the marine sector
- Currently €160m and €31m EBITDA. Employees in 14 countries and 19 offices. Assembly and manufacturing units in China, France, UK and USA.
- Challenge is how to build a €1bn operation and maintain 25% margins
- Other challenges include integration of acquisitions, new delivery capabilities and setting of KPIs
- The current management team good but over-stretched by owners and needing injection of leadership and new thinking . . “Innovator”, “change agent” and “engine of continuous improvement”
- Transformational chief operating officer needed for “good to great” delivery of strategy
- Journey with client in both London and Helsinki to create the brief and refine
- Dr. Reinhard Schiebeler appointed from the German talent pool. Reinhard comes with big industry background: + 8 years in position of Vice President Operations & Supply Chain at GLATFELTER GmbH (Composite Fibers Business Unit) – $1.7bn and 4,300 employees. And prior Director of Operations at Phillip Morris International.
- Put huge project into place called “New Horizons” and engineering to clean up operational inefficiencies including structuring and approved with people behind it.
- Now up and running. Major step forward and pre requisite for being professional in the market
- Identification and scoping out of 100 key elements to the transformation programme
- Worked closely with CFO to implement a new ERP system to the organisation
- Coaching and support to colleagues at all levels within the organisation to support the retention of key people; getting people to “wake up” and spring into action
- Providing support to the new CEO and continuing, even after the assignment has ended, to help with guidance and other matters